Thursday, January 28, 2010

Have baby? Need playmat!

Today was the first day that I've been able to take a picture of both boys together. Yay! Okay so they aren't the lovey, adorable photos that you would normally want of your two little lovebugs, and I likely won't frame them, but hey. It's a start. :o) Noah spent a significant amount of time on the playmat this morning. Dillon was obsessed with this thing when he was a baby, and I'm happy to see that his brother is following in his footsteps. It's the older version of the Baby Einstein mat... I'm pretty sure that there's a new one out now, but it has a star that attaches to it and it lights up and plays music. The star also has a somewhat creepy smiley face, but it seems to be a hit with babies! I only wish that the thing played music longer than 4 minutes at a time! Here is Noah enjoying the show, and Dillon rediscovering the creepy star.



Another big hit is the little red bird.



And these are so typical of Dillon. Can't you just see him giving some sort of political speech? Or maybe he's giving a talk about animal rights. "Fur is murder!" "Just say no to puppy mills!" :o)







Yes, I know the house is a mess. Don't judge me. Anyone who's ever had a 2 year old and a newborn will understand. Also please notice our lovely new bamboo flooring! We have about half of the house done now, and Joel is working hard to get to the hallway before he goes back to work. I'm looking forward to the day that I no longer have to look at concrete with leftover scrapings of porcelain tile! I'll post some decent pictures of the floors when they're done. :o)

In other news, Noah has, for the last 3 nights, slept for 5 hours at a time. Woohoo! I don't really know what to do with myself when I'm not waking up every 2 hours! The only problem is that Joel and I are so used to his screwy schedule that we're up until about 3am still, and Noah has decided that 6 or so is a good time to get up for the day. Yawn. But if that's our biggest problem in life, then life is pretty good. :o)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment